Saturday 29 October 2011

Of Bereavement and a Death of Another kind!!

Saturday mornings are special,you always manage to get up early no matter how long you planned to sleep that day to make up for the working weeks sleep.

I woke up feeeling guilty of not writing to a friend who recently suffered bereavement.I have been meaning to write to her but facebook seems to be too public a medium and then again I have only been in touch with her throuh it!

Words fail us so often in such situations. More appropriately the inability of words to match the loss has prevented me to write to her . I did open a Compose Mail page and thought what I wrote was not good enough to match her grief.My worries werewhat if she thinks its just a casual note , who is she to comfort  me,etc,etc,etc.

I am surprised at the way I reacted.I myself suffered a huge loss of my father a few years ago.I till date remember those within friends and family who consoled me and till date hold an insignificant grudge against the ones who did not.I can surely empathise with this friend on mine and I perhaps shouldn't have hesitated!

The loss of a dear one can leave a huge hole in the heart.An emptiness,a vaccum.No one can fill it.I think human body evolvs and just creates an emotional bypass around it.

I also suffered a loss of another kind some time back, a loss of friendship.Note here that it was not the physical loss of a friend but the loss of the strong bond that I felt between us.It is a death,a similar vaccum or sense of loss.But I am not sure if its mutual as we all don't rate friendship in a similar way.

The matter in my opinion was too trivial to have distanced us but then again its just a mere case of perspective.In the lack of the defense I would like to dwell no more into the reasons for the loss.

And yes the emotional bypass was created eventually but around the vaccum.The hurt seems to be ebbing away and one tries to remember the happier memories to make some sense of all of it.

I hope by writing my feelings it will provide a sense of closure  for the death of friendship and gather up my courage to write to the friend who suffered the loss of a dear one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment